Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Do Something Awesome

It's summer...and for me that basically means that I work, lounge around my apartment, and spend time with friends. Which is all fine and good...but it all feels so pointless. I have friends who are doing really cool things like being half way around the world teaching English or working at camp all summer...and I'm just here. The week that I did spend at camp was fantastic and felt like it had purpose to it. Getting up every day and going to work has literally one purpose, to pay bills. I just feel like I could be doing so much more.
So here's the thing, my lease will be up at the end of May next year and I theoretically could wait to sign a new one until school started up again in the fall, leaving me rent free for the whole summer...so I would have all of next summer free to do something awesome. The thing is that I don't know what I want to do!
So I need some help here from you lovely people that care enough to read my ramblings...what awesome thing should I do with summer 2014?!? I mean, I'd love to be the one on the other side of the world teaching English or hanging out with kids all summer at camp or even just living somewhere else for a summer and getting the chance to be part of other people's lives for a little while. I want to be serving somewhere and not just when work allows me to, I want to dedicate all of my time, at least for the whole summer to something of importance.
 I want to start thinking about it now so I really have time to figure out  what I want to do/ how I'll make it work. So, really, I'd like your input, people! What ideas do you have? Do you know people that you could put me in touch with such as missionaries or anyone else who might have something awesome for me to do? Have you ever just taken off and done something like this, if so, what? Would I enjoy doing what you did?
I'll be collecting ideas for a while and hopefully going to ICOM (international conference on missions) later this year to meet people/ get more ideas of what I could do. If you think of something, please let me know! Really, I'm excited about the world of possibility here, help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment