Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

I wrote a poem...

Sometimes, during my 3 hour night class, my brain wanders a bit. Here is the product of tonight's wandering...I haven't played around with poetry in a while so sorry if this is awful.

So What Will You Do With Your Life?
Someone once told me I could be what I want to be.

I told them, "I want to be free."

But as I grew older, things started to change.
They told me to be realistic and stable.

I told them,  "I'll go anywhere I'm able."

They said go to school, get a job, and save money.
They said find a man to love you and call you honey.

I told them, "That's not for me."

They frowned at me and shook their heads.
They said my dreams were much too grand.

I told them, "I can do it, just take my hand."

So here I stand, feeling wild and free.
Wondering if they ever really meant to be what I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment