Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

See Through

I tried to cover it up, tried to hide all the pain.
But when you weren't around I let my tears fall like rain.

You see through my lies; you see the real me.
Standing by me for all time, never daring to flee.

I don't understand your love and devotion;
seems as big as the sky, as deep as the ocean.

How do you feel when you see all this ruin?
To me it's as though I will never win.

You see through the laughter, the "happy", the smile;
knowing I've been broken for quite a while.

Although I'm broken I know you never see me as too much.
You're always there to comfort me; with even the slightest touch.

I'm sorry for the pain I've put you through.
Know it was never on purpose; doing this to you.

Thank you for seeing through when no one else can;
thank you for staying when you easily could have ran.

"Write about something that's see through." I love my expressive writing class because we have prompts like this one. This could be taken so very many ways; it could be literal and I could write about a window or a jar. I took it more figuratively and decided to write about seeing through me. So I guess in a way I wrote about something that's not actually see though because I think I out up a pretty good wall when I want to and not always transparent because there are things I feel like I need to hide. Meh, I do what I want. lol Anyway, this is the poem that flowed from me when I heard the prompt and I'm pretty happy with it. This poem is about my mom. No matter how good I think I am at hiding things, she can always seem to see through me. She's always saying that it seems like I'm not having a good day, even when I don't tell her that. I think that perhaps that's just the thing about moms, they just have that innate sense of feeling what their kids feel. I am so grateful for this; so grateful for the never ending love from my mom that I know not everyone gets to feel. Thank you mom for seeing through the fake me and really pushing to see me get better. Thank you for being my biggest cheerleader; thank you for giving me the world when you didn't even have it to give. You are amazing. I love you to the moon and back and a million red M&Ms! XO




No comments:

Post a Comment