Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Dear favorite person...

I have to fight for myself, you tell me again and again.
But, I lost the will; it's been gone since I don't know when.


I can't even function, barely making it through the days.
How the hell do you expect me to simply walk out of this haze?


No will to eat, no energy to even shower;
longing to sleep my life away hour by hour.


But even in bed I can't hide, I can't find a break;
I toss and I turn, my brain fighting to keep me awake.


You say it's me, I don't want to get better;
as though I have some control, like I hold the key to the fetter.


It's not a lack of want, but the loss of hope;
I'm sitting at rock bottom, clinging desperately to the end of my rope.


You tell me you feel like a broken record, saying it all like you have before;
But I can't do what you ask of me, it's so hard, such a daunting chore.


"You know what to do, you've learned all the things," you like to remind me, as though I don't know.
I can't even think, can't even move; how can I change, how can I grow?


Nothing seems to work, feels like I've tried it all;
now I'm left here helpless, feeling so weak and so small.


I feel like I'm losing this battle with my brain;
standing alone, watching my life slip down the drain.


I'd take even a rest, just a small reprieve;
maybe then in myself I could believe.


But right now I can't do that; right now I need you.
Please tell me it's all a lie, remind me what's true.


Tell me you love me, tell me I matter;
please don't walk away, don't get lost in the scatter.


Can you sit with me in silence? Can you hold me while I cry?
It will never make sense to you so don't even try.


Just be there and make it known.
Stay here beside me, unmoving like stone.


I know it's not easy, the holding my hand;
but with your help, I feel I can stand.


I'm not giving up just yet, more storms I will weather.
But, please, I beg you, can we do this together?











No comments:

Post a Comment