Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

What it's all about

Well, another week is in the books...and boy was it a week. We had our first ever campers, a group of over 1,000 that rented out the whole place. IT. WAS. INSANITY. You wouldn't think running the coffee shops would be stressful, but when you tell 1,000 kids they are free to go in there for free time, there is a line the entire time. Blenders are whirring the entire time. Kids are glaring because they want their fraps. The entire time. And when that's your whole day, from 9 am to midnight, with free time only to eat then immediately clean up dishes from 1,000 people, you get real tired real fast. And when you can't sleep due to snoring roommates, you get exhausted really fast. Add to that a boss you don't exactly see eye to eye with mist of the time and you get a very stressful situation.
But as tired as I was, there was so much good. I'm forming solid relationships with the people I work with all day everyday.  I'm work in on my patience both with kids and coworkers.
I'm learning to give up control. Many times I'm told to do things that I don't think make sense and that I would ordinarily question. I'm working on just accepting whoever is in authority over me and do what they say even if I think it's dumb. A lot of times I think it's dumb. But I try to have an attitude that at least isn't negative.
But you know what's even cooler?  1,000 kids spent all last week growing closer to God. They adventured, they formed relationships, and they heard lots of  Biblical truth. And that's what we're here for. And maybe I don't see that happening from my little corner of camp. But that's ok because I know that it's still happening. I have trouble remembering that in the thick of the week. All I want tot think about is sleep and the terrible job support staff did closing the coffee shop. This week, I'm going to strive to remember why I'm here...I'm here to serve. And that isn't always fun, easy, clean, or sleep filled. But it's not about me.
So tonight our first round of group camp shows up and tomorrow Fuge camp begins. And it's gonna be awesome. I'm going ro be tired and I might get annoyed but I will be there best servant I can be simply so that each person I come into contact with can see God's love through me. Because that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment