Pages

Monday, October 1, 2018

One Day at a Time.

Today I took a shower; today I ate a meal.
Could things be looking up; could this be real?

But, yesterday was not so good.
Yesterday I thought of ways to go; yesterday I said I would.

Today I laughed and played with my nephews.
Today I made memories I hope to never lose.

But yesterday was rough.
I've never felt weaker; never felt less tough.

Today my smile is genuine; today it's for real.
I think I can do this, I think I can deal.

But yesterday I wanted to cry.
I'll be honest, I even wanted to die.

Today I can see myself making it to the future.
Today my heart doesn't require a suture.

But yesterday I sat all alone.
I isolated and ignored my phone.

Today I feel like I'm here for a reason.
I believe I'm here for a lifetime, not just a season.

But yesterday I felt completely lost.
I wanted to be gone, no matter the cost.

Today I feel like I can fly.
It feels like there must be a twinkle in my eye.

But yesterday was not so great.
I suppose I made it though, at any rate.

Today I'll keep going, not fearing the sorrow.
I'll keep my head up, keep looking for tomorrow.

What will tomorrow bring?
I'm not sure, but to this feeling I will cling.

Tomorrow I'll get up to face another day.
I'll keep moving forward, despite what my brain might say.

I'll wake again and this mountain I'll climb.
I'll go on and on, taking it one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment